In this way you can easily manage the colours:
Saal Digital uses an ICC-compatible colour management system. Colour profiles, which are embedded in your files, will be recognized and taken into consideration during production. We will on no account make changes to your files or carry out any unnecessary optimization. In this way, we can assure that your files will be processed exactly according to your requirements. It is exactly this measurement that makes our service in this field possible.
Important: Calibrate your monitor and select pro-prints (instead of premium prints)!
The optimal preconditions for your photo prints
Only by calibrating and profiling your monitor can you get the best colours. You can already judge the result on the monitor.
Which advantages do colour management have?
The optimal print preview is realized with the help of your preset monitor and our colour management - "What you see is what you get". Ideally, this combination works so well that you will almost notice no difference between the display on the monitor and the real photo product.
Anyhow, it is only possible if all the standards are met in the image reproduction process.
What can Saal Digital do for you?
- Through repeated calibration everyday, we assures that the profiled machines work within a small tolerance.
- The condition of the photochemical process will be daily checked in order to compensate fluctuations, before the quality of the photos is affected.
- We have an ICC profile ready for each type of paper we provide.
- Application of a colour management software, which can read the embedded colour profiles and convert the image data for the right colour reproduction on our machines. For files without embedded profiles, sRGB will be applied as the standard colour space.
Attention: Please always send us files in jpg format instead of tiff so that the colour profiles can be correctly recognized!
What do you need to do?
Please make sure that there is enough light in the room. The brightness and colour temperature should be kept constant and reproducible if possible. Ideally, it should be a glare-free and shuttered room, not affected by the changing daylight.
The correct preset of the monitor is the most important precondition of the colour management:
- The brightness of the monitor should lie between 90 and
- The colour temperature must be set at 5.000 Kelvin (D50).
- The monitor gamma should be adjusted to 2.2.
The monitor must be calibrated in order to display the right colour and brightness. There are mainly two possibilities:
- Monitor calibration with the help of the Saal Digital test image
It is simple and effective to calibrate your monitor with the help of Saal Digital test image. In other words, you can download our test file and order the test print, which has passed the ICC compatible workflow in our lab. According to the test print, you can adjust the image displayed on your monitor by changing its brightness, contrast and colour balance in order to get a satisfactory result.
- Monitor calibration with colourimeter
Professional colour management on a high level is not possible without the right hardware. From about 200 €, there are plenty solutions possible. From some providers, you can get a colour measurement device with an additional software, with which you can create an ICC profile of your monitor. Such device can be a good alternative to a new and expensive monitor.